A. Provide your Contact Information to CTU and during the process, please let us know your areas of interest in addition to the Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram. Chicago Tyagaraja Utsavam will keep you informed about the various activities and events related to your areas of interest.
2. Our children know some portions of the Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram. Is it OK for them to attend the CTU Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram sessions?
A. Absolutely. CTU strongly encourages children to attend these sessions so that they have an opportunity to learn (along with other children) what they don’t already know. These sessions also provide an opportunity for them to refine what they already know while practicing the basics with all the other attendees.
3. What is scheduled during each session?
4. Can adults participate in these sessions?
A. Absolutely. While the focus is certainly on the children, adults attend these sessions as well — especially, parents and grand-parents — and join in the group chanting that is held during these sessions. Adults are also welcome to join the children in learning the Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram.
5. What are the best practices to be followed to learn the Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram using the CTU Audio Recordings?
A. Chicago Tyagaraja Utsavam recommends listening to learn the Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram using the CTU Audio Recordings as a reference using the following techniques:
- Listening to the complete recording every day in the background
- Repeat the following steps for each set of ten slokams until you are completely familiar with them. Usually, this is estimated to take one to two weeks if it is done every day:
- Focusing on them and repeating each stanza along with the students after it is chanted by the teacher
- Chanting the set of ten slokams on your own when you are familiar with them
- Move on to the next set of ten slokams
- Attend the Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram Practice Sessions in order to clarify any doubts and chant it the CTU way along with other attendees.